Why did we make this change? Because Constant Contact is nearing completion of their next version of the API and version 2 will require OAuth2. This is our first extension to get this update, and we will be working on the others over the next few months to be ready for the new API version when it launches in 2013.
With adding OAuth2, this module now requires the installation of a new system plugin that includes common files used by all of our Constant Contact products, including the API wrapper library. By creating this new plugin, we are able to streamline the update process across all of our Constant Contact products in order to get updates out the door quicker.
That's not all we've added!
Here is a list of the new features included in this latest version:
- Joomla 3.0 Compatibility
- OAuth2 Authentication
- New Streamlined Companion System Plugin (Contains the Constant Contact API Library Wrapper)
- Added new theme with loads of customizations
Other new features added in previous versions that you may not be aware of:
- We added the ability to use CSS styled themes and add your own
- One of the new themes gives you a one-line simple style form, just the email address and the button!
- Added Google Font's to the font list
- You can choose the font color of the field labels and intro text
- You can choose to show the lists to your users so they can decide what they want to receive from you
As I said, we've been busy! We hope you enjoy these new additions!