Joomla Backup Management with Akeeba Backup Professional
If you have a Joomla powered website and would like the peace of mind knowing that your data is safe, this subscription plan is a must.
Akeeba Backup is an open-source backup component for the Joomla! CMS, quite a bit different than its competition. Its mission is simple: create a site backup that can be restored on any Joomla!-capable server. It creates a backup archive which contains all the files, a database snapshot and a restoration script. The backup and restore process is AJAX powered, designed to avoid server timeouts, even with multi-gigabyte sites! Alternatively, you can make a backup of only your database or your files.
What you can expect:
- We will install and configure1 the Akeeba Backup Professional extension.
- You will receive free updates to Akeeba Backup Professional for as long as you maintain an active subscription.
- We will periodically monitor your site back-up files to insure intregity.
- We can set up all needed CRON2 jobs in your cpanel.
- All backup files are stored on an off-site secure server. (Hosted by Amazon S3)
- Automated2 Weekly, Bi-Weekely or Monthly3 full site back-up of your entire Joomla website.
- Automated2 Nightly backups of your site database.
- We can restore your Joomla site from a full backup in the case of a site failure4.
- Choose from subscriptions as low as $125/yr or $14.95/mo (plus a $25 one time set-up fee5)
Akeeba Backup's pedigree goes a long way. Making its first public appearance as JoomlaPack back in November 2006, nowadays it is a native Joomla! 2.5/3.x component, downloaded over 3 million times, making it one of the most established Joomla! extensions.
What the process looks like:
- Choose your subscription plan (monthly or annual) and pay.
- If you need help creating the Akeeba Backup Profiles, you will need to create a ticket with our help desk to supply your Joomla Admin User credentials.
- We will create the Amazon S3 account for your site backup and email you the credentials if needed6.
- If you need assistance setting up the cron jobs, we will create them for you.
- The final step will be to configure Akeeba Back Professional on your site.
- Our support staff may require access to your Joomla Back-end administrator if you need assistance creating the Akeeba Backup profiles.
- CRON is required - Our support staff may require access to your Web Hosting cPanel if you need assistance creating the cron jobs
- Back-up interval dependent on site needs. Default is every 12 hours.
- Excessive restoration of database or site files due to non-failure will require additional fee.
- All of the setup and configuration of a Joomla Backup plan (re: Akeeba Backup Professional & Amazon S3) is a manual process. Please allow 2-3 business days for completion of the first backup.
- Access to the Amazon S3 server will be for the sole purpose of storing the backup files. We do not allow the uploading and storage of ANY OTHER content whatsoever. Violation of this agreement will result in a warning and possible termination of your backup plan subscription.