Inserting Custom Images

More
10 years 11 months ago #225 by carmeets
Inserting Custom Images was created by carmeets
Hello!

II first want to say thank you for making these great extensions. They are so helpful and easy to use! I do have a question though about how I would go about changing the image that is displayed. I see that there is a spot for using custom images, but I have not yet found out how to upload a custom image for this module. Would you be able to help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #226 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Inserting Custom Images
Thanks for your kind words!

Yeah, I should apologize for not having better documentation on this. In case you didn't find it, the instructions on the tooltip (mouse over) let you know exactly where to place your custom images. Basically, you need to upload the images to the directory "[JOOMLA_ROOT]/media/mod_fuofb/images/"

This requires FTP or a Joomla Extension that has the ability to upload files to your server. Our module does not have this functionality.

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

More
10 years 11 months ago #227 by carmeets
Replied by carmeets on topic Inserting Custom Images
Awesome! Thank you very much!

More
10 years 11 months ago #228 by carmeets
After trying this for myself, I am still a bit lost. In my media manager section of Joomla (where I upload my images and files) there is no directory or folder called "mod_fuofb". How do I create the link between the module and my site?

More
10 years 11 months ago #229 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Inserting Custom Images
Sorry, as I said, you need an FTP program or a joomla extension to upload images. The reason is, the media manager does not upload to the media directory. It uploades to the images directory.

Although it may have made more sense for us to use the images directory, we didn't in favor of being consistent with joomla development.

It appears that joomla developers use the new media directory ( since 1.6 ) in favor of the old image directory.

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

More
10 years 11 months ago #230 by carmeets
Ok this is starting to make sense now. Im sorry to be a bother but now that I have downloaded a file upload extension, I need a tad more guidance on the directory path. I have copied and pasted the path into the section of the upload extension and tried uploading an image but it still does not show up in your extension...what am I doing wrong? Also, I am sorry for being a pain!

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds