Jomsocial Issues

More
7 years 1 month ago #392 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Jomsocial Issues
To clarify, you have this code ONLY on your homepage, right?
Glad you found a solution. I will most likely modify this plugin based on my previous idea because it will still help to solve other issues that we have encountered.

Thanks for pushing us to think of a new way to do this!

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #393 by ourblok
Replied by ourblok on topic Jomsocial Issues
I have two templates, both with different menus. One is for guest (which is where the code exist) and the other is for registered members. I have the code placed in the header block (its a t3 template). So, the code actually runs on all the pages of the template. I can see where this might be problematic for some, but like I said, it works fine for us because of how we approach our relationship with guests and prospects versus our paying members who have access to the pais section of the site, which is based on another template. Anywho, Im happy to participate in the discussion.

More
7 years 1 month ago #394 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Jomsocial Issues
Gottcha. I appreciate the code you supplied and the idea to redirect based on access levels or groups, but I have not found the right approach to making this dynamic. Having the ability to easily select a group and menu. I see it possible with a few choices, but not as many as you have provided.

Thanks again!

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds