We recently had a client who needed to convert their WordPress website to Joomla. Their forum was vBulletin and they used aMember to manager their users. During our initial research, we discovered there was not a direct migration path to Kunena, however, we found that migration was still possible if we converted vBulletin to phpBB3, then to FireBoard (a predecessor to Kunena). Once we had a Joomla 1.5 website set up with FireBoard and a successfully migrated forum, we upgraded to Kunena 1.6.x. (We hope to add basic instructions as to what we did at a later time)
We ended up having to modify the phpBB3 converter script so that the aMember user data was imported into JomSocial (the replacement of aMember) along with making changes to the converter for phpBB3 to FireBoard. All in all, we were very happy with the results.
A new client of ours has two Joomla! Websites that were created a few years ago. They contacted us to take part in our 'Tune-Up' program.
We have found the Joomla Extension " ReDJ" highly useful, not only for our websites, but for our clients as well.
We had a site that required us to map every page that the client had created in XOOPS, and although we were able to accomodate most page names simply using the 'alias' of an article and menu, this component allowed us to remap the entire site without one broken link.
We have been hard at work updating our Constant Contact Signup Majix Pro Module. Not only have we added many new features, but this version is the first to have OAuth2 Authentication built in. The older version of authentication that the Constant Contact API used was basic, which required account holders to enter their Constant Contact Username & Password into the module settings and those credentials were stored in the Joomla database in order access their account information. With OAuth2, you are now able to register your website with Constant Contact by granting access to your account, much the same way that Facebook connects with external websites and applications.
We have been working hard to update our video tutorials to include the latest changes to the Constant Contact Integration Plugin for Community Builder.
We have split the video's into two different video's, one that shows how to install and configure the plugin, the other to show basic usage of the plugin giving an example of registering a new user while showing the progress in Constant Contact.
We are happy to announce the latest extension to the JoomLadds family. This new module gives you the ability to add a LinkedIn profile badge to your website. You can choose from 8 different images. Please see the page for more information.
In an effort to help market what JoomLadds is all about, we have decided to post recent projects that the JoomLadds Team has been working on. Please visit this area often if you are interested in what we have done, to give you an idea of what we might be able to do for you or your business.
We have taken one of our Joomla Modules and put it on steriods!
This Constant Contact Signup Module has been upgraded to utilize the Constant Contact API. By adding the API, email subscribers will now be able to signup to your newsletters immediately without ever leaving your website.
This is the process in which we upgraded our forum from Agora to Kunena, and the issues we encountered.
As always, the first thing we did was install everything on our development server. Next, we followed the directions given by Kunena to perform the conversion from Agora to Kunena which included installing an older version (1.5.14) because the latest (1.6.3) was not compatible with the converter. That's where our first issue showed up. We could not get Kunena 1.5.14 to install. We searched Google for some answers, but found none. Somedays you win and find exactly what you need, other days you give up only to try again later.
Later came and we found a post that said to download Kunena 1.5.13 instead. We had a little trouble finding it (mostly because our frustration level was high and we didn't read the directions thoroughly) but once we did and installed it, everything fell right into place. Next, we installed the Kunena Converter and ran the process to migrate Agora. Worked like a charm. The last step was to upgrade the Kunena installed version of 1.5.13 to the latest (1.6.3) That went well too!