Login does not redirect to desired page and error

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #371 by GunnarB
I am just using the Login Handler, say custom and redirect to my Login menu. This works fine.

Now the user logs in. After login he should be redirected to the menu set in the Login Module.

This does not happen. He gets redirected to the homepage with error "You are not authorised to view this resource.".
After some research I found this to be a problem of the Guest Access setting of the menu for the login page. After login this page disappears from the menu.

When I set Login Menu to public, the redirect link is generated like example.com/shop/login/14-site/restaurant?layout=blog. This does not look good and causes some modules not to load. I guess the contained login causes the error. The correct link would be just example.com/restaurant/gastraum.
Even worse, the provided menu link for Hikashop do not work at all.

Hope you can fix this, because right now, this does not work at all. Joomla 3.4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #372 by joomladds
Thank you for your detailed issue, this will help us greatly in our efforts!

This extension has not yet been tested to be compatible with Joomla 3.4.x
We will post an update on this thread as well as announce on our site when it is compatible.

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #373 by joomladds
It appears that the issues you are having are not related to Joomla! 3.4.x, we have tested plugin and everything works as expected.

And to clarify: "This does not happen. He gets redirected to the homepage with error "You are not authorised to view this resource.".
After some research I found this to be a problem of the Guest Access setting of the menu for the login page. After login this page disappears from the menu."
doesn't appear to be caused by our plugin.

That said, I would think your issue has to do with Hikashop. If we can manage the time, I will see if I can test further with Hikashop.
I will post updates to this thread.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #374 by joomladds
I just had a thought while beginning to look at Hikashop...

As a work-a-round, you might be able to choose custom and enter the url that the menu item is generating.
Instead of choosing a menu item, just enter the url that menu item creates.

As I said, this would be a temporary work-a-round. Hopefully we can give you better resolution after digging through Hikashop.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds