Registration Redirect Options

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #248 by simonharding
Registration Redirect Options was created by simonharding
This may qualify more as a feature request, but I was hoping to be able to redirect the registration email verification to a dedicated page.

I currently use Core Login Redirect to bypass the default joomla registration and use a custom registration form. This allows me to use three different "create account" occurences that all get redirected to the same form (one at the top of the page, one at the bottom and another integrated into the Forum).

Registrations require users to verify their email address, but when they click on the verification link in the email that they receive they are taken to the same application form page again.
Is it possible to specify a seperate redirect for this action so that they are taken to a "thank you for verifying your email address" page?

Great plugin btw!
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by simonharding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #251 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Registration Redirect Options
Interesting feature request. We will research this to see if it is something that can be added to the next version release.

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

More
10 years 9 months ago #252 by simonharding
Replied by simonharding on topic Registration Redirect Options
It would also be nice for a redirect option relating to the administrator activation link.
When using a redirect for registration in general via Core Login Redirect plugin it means that both the user verification and administrator activation links both result in the application form page being displayed whereas separate custom pages would be preferred.
For some reason I dont get the default Joomla messages displayed at the top of the page - presumably because the registration page is a custom form.
Dedicated pages for verification and activation would get around this problem and also look a lot nicer :)

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds