Registration Redirect not working

More
10 years 5 months ago #270 by davek
Registration Redirect not working was created by davek
Hi,

I've just installed the latest Core Login Redirect. I want to use it to redirect the user after entering their registration details to an article with a paypal button. Its using the default Joomla registration form on 2.5.14. So I've gone into the Core Login Redirect settings -> Basic Options -> Registration Handler and have these settings:

Component - Joomla Core
Redirect Menu - My registration menu
REdirect URL - My article I want the user redirected to after clicking on "Register".

When the user register's it doesn't do any redirection and comes up with the normal activation message. What am I missing?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #271 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Registration Redirect not working
Your intended use of this plugin is not accurate. We only attempt to redirect a given URL to a new location.
Currently what you are trying to do is not possible.

That said, we can look to see if there is a standard redirect from each component to see if there is indeed a URL that we can use for redirection.

We will update this post if/when we find a way to accomplish this.

=========
EDIT: After re-reading your initial post, I see that by using the Joomla Core, it will by-pass the usage of a menu item. Using a menu item would be useful if you chose 'Custom' and then choosing a menu (or url) that would be redirected to.

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by joomladds.

More
10 years 5 months ago #272 by davek
Replied by davek on topic Registration Redirect not working
Hi,

Im still a bit confused. If its meant to redirect to a new location, why doesn't it redirect to my page http://mywebsite/myarticle ? Isnt that a location? In the end I've gone in and hard-coded the joomla core registration.php file as your product didn't work for whatever reason.

thanks

More
10 years 5 months ago #273 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Registration Redirect not working
Think of it this way, all of the options to redirect are "Pre-Event" triggers. The plugin will redirect one of the options BEFORE it happens, not after.

Therefore, we will redirect the URL TO the registration component, or menu item - not after the actual registration process is performed.

Hope that helps.

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds