Instructions for Core Login Redirect?

More
9 years 7 months ago #308 by adoucette
Instructions for Core Login Redirect? was created by adoucette
Are there any instructions or documentation available for Core Login Redirect? (I haven't found any browsing the joomladds website.)
I have a simple setup where I've installed Joomla and Community Builder and a pay-for-registration component (Membership Pro). I wish to just have Membership Pro handle the registration, CB handle the rest. (I would be OK with Joomla Core handling the username and password if needed.)

The problem I ran into is that with this setup, when a user requires a password reset, s/he can't do so because the redirect keeps taking him to the Community Builder profile page -- even when he clicks "Edit Profile" from that page. So the user gets into a loop where they're required to update their password (which is in their CB profile) but cannot do so.
When I disable the Core Login Redirect plugin, then the password update seems to be handled by the Joomla core and the problem goes away.

Perhaps I just don't know how to set it up properly? Where am I going wrong?
I've attached a screenshot of the setup.

Thanks,
Ari

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #310 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Instructions for Core Login Redirect?
Greetings!
We have not created any tutorials as yet. Until now it didn't seem to be needed. That said, we would be happy to put some instructions together.
In reviewing your settings from the attachment, it would appear they should work for what you are trying to accomplish.
The only thing I would try differently is setting both the password and username handler to 'Joomla core' as I didn't really like how Community Builder handled that functionality.
It may also resolve your issue, but no promises.

To be honest, we hadn't tested the ability to use an external membership component very thoroughly, because frankly, we didn't have one. It was added because someone requested it, and it worked perfectly for their needs.

If you are still having issues, we might be able to dig into this a little further as time permits.

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #311 by adoucette
Replied by adoucette on topic Instructions for Core Login Redirect?
I only asked for the documentation because I wasn't able to get the plugin to work as I expected it to and assumed I was configuring it incorrectly.

I've set it up as you suggested (changes from the screenshot above are just that Joomla is set as both the Username and Password manager), and still have the same problem.
When I enforce a password reset for a user, they log with their old password and are sent to the CB Profile View page at mysite.com/component/comprofiler/?view=profile. This is a View, page not an Edit page so they can't edit their password there. When
they select the Commmunity Builder link in their profile to Update their profile, where they can update their password (the link shows in the browser's status bar as mysite.com/cb-profile/userdetails) they are instead redirected to the View page above. So they get into a loop where they can't edit their password.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by adoucette.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #314 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Instructions for Core Login Redirect?
Thank you for the off-line discussion to help me better understand your issue.
In summary, this was caused by a new feature added to Joomla! 3.3 which is the 'Require Password Reset' in the admin user manager. Basically, we had to account for a user being forced to the Joomla core user profile to reset their password if this flag was set.
Please download the latest version that has just been posted to our site (v1.8.2) => Core Login Redirect Plugin

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by joomladds. Reason: Adding URL

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds